Wax pots need to be cleaned regularly. The wax is being used to “treat” humans and the pot/machine needs to be kept hygienic and sterile. What could be worse than a customer picking up an infection from wax that came out of your unclean wax pot/machine? That could spell disaster for your business.
Oil is a dream cleaning agent when it comes to wax pots/machines. Make sure your wax pot/machine is switched off before beginning but also ensure that it is still hot.
Put a few drop of fragrance and color free oil onto a paper towel and wipe out the pot/machine as well as the rim. Be careful not to burn yourself. The oil will dissolve the wax and it simply disappears.
It will not feel tacky or sticky at all. Any oily residue left behind can be wiped off with a clean, dry cloth. Using oil will also prolong the life of your wax pot or machine as there are no nasty chemicals that can eat away at the plastic or dull the appearance.
Another way to clean your wax pot/machine is by using acetone free nail varnish remover or surgical spirits although these seem to dry out the plastic and make the plastic brittle.
Always ensure you wear suitable protective gloves when cleaning your wax pot or machine as the wax may adversely react with your hands.
How To Clean a Wax Warmer
- Heat up the wax pot/machine to perhaps a higher heat than normal.
- Make sure the wax is very thin in consistency once melted.
- Carefully without burning yourself, remove the inner bucket and pour the melted wax into a container for storage.
- Make sure you have sterilized the container beforehand. If the wax is old then it must be disposed of in the correct manner. Do not pour down the drain as it will damage your plumbing pipes and block the drain as the wax will solidify.
- Allow the inner wax pot/container bucket to cool down.
- Pour some of your preferred cleaners into the bucket and allow some of the wax to be dissolved away.
- Use a scraper or spatula to remove stubborn bits of wax.
- Repeat this process as many times as it takes to get rid of all the old wax.
- Once all the wax is dissolved away, use a paper towel to wipe out the inside of the wax pot/machine to get rid of any remnants of your preferred cleaner.
- Pour in some of your preferred sterilizing solutions.
- Swirl around inside the bucket.
- Leave the solution in a bucket for the recommended time frame then rinse thoroughly.
- Wipe out with the paper towel once again and then wipe out any remaining residue with a clean, dry cloth.
Gigi Wax machine are some of the easiest to clean due to how they were built and they are probably mainly used professionally which each wax pot must be extremely clean.
Your wax warmer is now ready for your next customer. Rest easy in the knowledge that you can offer, clean, hygienic service to your clientele. Have them coming back for more of your magic and they may just pass your number out.