How many times do you go to your salon to get waxing done? Twice a month? Once? It costs a lot if you add it all together and see how much you are spending yearly on it. Salons might be a total rip off when it comes to removing body hair. They know we hate indulging in this messy business ourselves and doubt our abilities of doing a nice, neat job.
Shaving does not work well in the long term and we are not made of money to afford salons so often. You cannot win here. What do you do then? DIY is the answer. Yes, it is messy and it takes time. However, it saves you money. You can ask a friend to do yours and you can do theirs the next day. Then, the question about good products arises. Which brand and which product will work best for me? No worries, we have got your back! Below is a list of the top selling and highly rated best at-home waxing kits for legs.
In no particular order:
- Extremely easy-to-use
- Wax-Off solution for hassle-free post-wax cleaning
- Low-quality fabric. Does not get the wax off completely
GiGi Student Starter kit is not only for your legs but can be used virtually anywhere else including your arms and face. If you have sensitive skin, then try it on a patch first. The wax takes about 15-30 minutes to warm. It smells a little awful, but nothing unbearable. The kit contains everything you will need to do a neat job. You plug the warmer and wait for the wax to melt. It looks like honey when melted.
- 1 wax warmer with cover (14 ounce)
- 1 all-purpose honee (14 ounce)
- 1 pre-hon (4 ounce)
- 1 pre epilation powder (2.5 ounce)
- 1 wax off (4 ounce)
- 1 slow grow (4 ounce)
- 10 petite applicators
- 10 small edge applicators,
- 20 small natural muslin strips, and 20 large natural muslin strips.
- Not messy.
- Reusable strips.
- Not as effective as hot wax.
- Stings more
The kit contains 20 strips stuck in two, which means 10 double-sided pre-wax strips. You can cut it in whatever size you need to and use them anywhere. They are good for quick touch-ups or when you cannot go to a salon or use hot wax. After using these strips, apply coconut oil, baby oil or baby lotion to clean up.
- 10 double-sided pre-waxed strips
- A little amount goes a long way
- Very thorough and gives neat results
- Easy to use even for beginners
- Messy, like every hot wax out there
- Hard to take off from surfaces, like every hot wax out there
- Does not have a wax-removing solution
It comes with oil-based towelettes which wipes clean your skin. Even though, it is meant for both men and women, gentlemen should refrain from using the product on their face. It has an easy-to-handle consistency. No need for touch-ups either and in order to make it more effective, it needs to be warmed in a microwave for about 1 minute. Apply in the direction of hair growth in thin layers.
- Easy to use
- Reusable strips
- Extremely easy to use
- Removes with water
- Difficult to spread
- Medium pain
This one does not require to be warmed in a microwave before use as it uses your body heat to work. In addition, no finishing or wax removing solution is required because this gel works fine with water. When the wax hardens, a good thing to do is place it in a bowl of water and microwave it for 30 seconds. The wax should not be extremely hot (no steam) before application. You can also try a damp towel to remove the wax, instead of rinsing it off. Apply as thinly as possible.
- Easy to use
- Contains almost everything you require.
- The helpful booklet actually helps.
- It is pink wax, which may work differently from your regular wax.
It contains a pink wax tub. If you are used to sugar, then you might want to avoid it. It is all-inclusive and you do not need anything else. The manual booklet is your detailed guide on almost every aspect of waxing. The wax is easy to use and easy to clean up
- 1 Wax Warmer with Cover 14 oz.,
- 1 Creme Wax 14 oz.,
- 10 Applicators petite,
- 10 Accu Edge Applicators small,
- 10 Accu Edge Applicators large,
- 30 Natural Muslin Strips small,
- 30 Natural Muslin Strips large,
- 1 Pre-Hon 2 oz,
- 1 Slow Grow 2 oz,
- Post Wax Cooling Gel 2 oz,
- Post Wax Concealer 2 oz,
- Post Epilation Lotion 2 oz,
- 3 Rest Bars
- 5 Collars 14 oz.
- 1 Technician Manual
- 1 Window Decal
Choosing the best product among the ones listed above was not a hard thing. I was torn between two – Nad’s No-Heat Hair Removal Gel and Extra Strength Hair Removal Waxing Kit Men + Women. Even though the latter does not have a finishing solution, I liked it. The best would certainly be Nad’s. It is super cheap, hassle-free and wipes away with water. It does a nice and clean job of removing unwanted hair and you do not require going over one area twice. Yes, it is a bit messy but it is easier to clean as well. You use as little amount of the gel as you can. The strips are washable and reusable, so you do not require buying more strips. What is there not to like?